The CrossFit Games Open has returned and with it the NEW CrossFit Mt. Lebanon Intramural Open. The Intramural Open is designed to get everybody involved and keep the spirit high over the course of the 5 week Open.
How does it work?
Here is a description of how this event will run.
1. Gym members get themselves registered for the 2017 CrossFit Games Open as a member of CrossFit Mt. Lebanon. Go to games.crossfit.com to get yourself signed up, being sure to choose CrossFit Mt. Lebanon as your affiliate.
2. Team Captains up to 10 CFMTL Intramural teams will be selected and will have a team draft. No one will know the order or order list of the draft except the TEAM Captains
3. Captains will have the opportunity to recruit additional members to their team from those gym members who are not yet registered for the Open up until the first WOD is announced on Thursday, Feb 25th at 9pm. Recruits must be “signed” in on our TEAM LIST BOARD by the captain (as well as be signed up on crossfit.games.com)… Recruitment is key as most points will be earned by simply participating….
Teams members will then participate in the CrossFit Open and have an opportunity to
earn points for their Intramural Open team in a number of ways. They are as follows.
- (+1) Each team member that completes an Open WOD and has their score validated will earn a point for their teams total.
- (+1) The top three male and female RX scores for each week will earn an additional points for their team total. (1st place male and female 7 points, 2nd place male and female 5 points, 3rd place male and female 3 points)
- (+1) The top three male and female SCALED scores for each week will earn an additional points for their team total. (1st place male and female 7 points, 2nd place male and female 5 points, 3rd place male and female 3 points)
- (+1) The top three male and female MASTERS scores for each week will earn an additional points for their team total. (1st place male and female 7 points, 2nd place male and female 5 points, 3rd place male and female 3 point) — all masters divisions are clumped together!
- (+5) The team that is deemed to have shown the most spirit at the first and last “Friday Night Lights” throwdowns will earn 5 bonus points.
- (+2/+1) Athletes who challenge an athlete from another team to compete in a head-to-head throwdown (limited spaces available) on Friday night during the “Friday Night Lights” throwdowns will earn their team an extra 2 points for a win, 1 extra point will be earned for a loss.
- (+5) Special bonus points for:
5 points for everyone uploading their score into the GAMES SITE
10 points for a PARTIAL TEAM SOCIAL MEDIA PICTURE ON SOCIAL MEDIA (at least half of members)
15 points for A FULL TEAM SOCIAL MEDIA PICTURE (everyone must be in picture)
Friday Night Lights!
To get a spot in a Friday Night Lights throwdown your team captain must submit a request for your challenge prior to midnight on each Thursday night during the games. There will be approximately 5 throwdown workout heats each week. We will try and award spaces for athletes from each team to participate when possible in order to keep things fair. Your challenge should include:
1. The competitor from your team who is putting out the challenge
2. The athlete you are challenging
3. Confirmation of your athletes availability at any time between 6pm and 8pm on Friday evening.
At the end of the Open we will host a big party at the gym and the team with the highest points total will earn all the bragging rights and will be awarded cool prizes. We are going to work on the details of this event as it goes and hopefully we can have some other fun things to do or give out as extras for those who participate.
We encourage everyone to do the open on FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, however the work out on that friday will be the “open workout” or a version of all day. There will be no evening classes on friday nights. You can do the open on Saturday morning in the back room or Sunday open gym (2:30- 4:30). When the gym is not open (and mecka is) you do not have access to the gym. A Certified CROSSFIT COACH must always be on shift for you to work out.
You can perform the Open WOD during any regular class as long as YOU HAVE ORGANIZED for somebody else to be there to judge you and as long as space and equipment permits. Organizing your judge will not be the class coach’s responsibility