1. What is your name?
3. Where were you born and raised?
4. What brought you to Pittsburgh?
I came here from Miami to train at CrossFit Mt. Lebanon and get better at the sport.
5. What is your athletic background?
I have played soccer since I was ten.
6. How long have you been CrossFitting?
Since July 2013.
7. Why do you CrossFit?
I first started because I wanted to look better and become fitter. After my first workout I got beat by this guy and it really pissed me off. I thought I was fit, but really wasn’t. After that workout, I was hooked and just wanted to get better and better.
8. What is your favorite CrossFit movement?
9. What is your least favorite CrossFit movement?
10. What has surprised you the most about CrossFit?
The community; the way people come together to push you and stay with you until you finish your workout is incredible. Community love; everyone in your box becomes your family.
11. What were your CrossFit goals for 2014?
To move from Miami and begin serious training in Pittsburgh. To get stronger.
12. Did you accomplish this?
13. What is on your CrossFit to-do list for 2015?
I want to be part of a team that makes it to Regionals.
14. What are you most proud of?
I am proud of myself for pursuing my dream. Not a lot of people would just pick up their life and do that. This doesn’t relate just to CrossFit, I plan on achieving my goals in all areas of my life. This move was a new beginning for me.
15. What is your favorite book?
16. What is your favorite quote?
The world ain’t all sunshine and rainbows.
It’s a very mean and nasty place,
and I don’t care how tough you are,
it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.
You, me or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life.
But it ain’t about how hard you hit,
It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.
How much you can take and keep moving forward.
That’s how winning is done!
— Rocky Balboa
18. What is something about you that would surprise people?
I’m a romantic.
19. If you had one superpower what would it be?
*Editor’s note: I think he is well on his way…
photo cred to MetConPhotos